Date: Monday, September 16, 2013
Location: Atlanta Athletic Club, Duluth, GA (Host of the 2011 PGA Championship and the 2014 US Amateur
Time: Shotgun start at 11:30am
It’s time to sign up for the golf tournament and space is limited! Any company that registers a second team gets an automatic free hole sponsorship. In addition to hosting a high quality charitable golf outing, we are planning an exceptional silent auction and awards/networking banquet.
Meet Dan McLaughlin, of The Dan Plan! He will be playing in the tournament and speaking at the banquet afterwards!
GSU RMF Competitors: This will be played in a shamble format with each person playing their own ball after the tee shot is picked. Due to the difficulty of the course we recommend all players have a USGA handicap of 24 or less.
GSU RMF Supporters: This will be played in scramble format enabling each player to play from the best shot. We suggest this course and format for the less serious golfers.
There will be a silent auction and a drawing for valuable items. We will be offering a big screen TV and an iPad during the drawing.
There will be a number of on golf contest including:
- Putting Contest
- Longest Drive
- Players Choice Par 3 (Hit your approach and then pick 1 of 6 holes to putt to. Wagers will be explained.)
- Closest to the Water (Win a ball retriever by hitting your ball the closest to the water on 18.)
More about the golf course
The AAC hosted the 1963 Ryder Cup at East Lake, the 1976 U.S. Open, the 1981 and 2001 PGA Championships on its Highlands Course, and the 1990 U.S. Women’s Open on its Riverside Course. The Club hosted its third PGA Championship on the newly-renovated Highlands course in 2011. The Riverside course, renovated by Rees Jones in 2002, was recognized among the top 10 new private courses in 2004 by Golf Digest.
Other significant tournaments held at AAC
- 2002 U.S. Junior Amateur
- 1984 U.S. Mid Amateur
- 1982 Junior World Cup
AT THIS POINT ALL WE NEED IS FOR YOU TO FILL OUT THE REGISTRATION FORM BELOW – WE WILL SEND YOU AN EMAIL LATER WITH DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO PAY.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
About GSU Risk Management Foundation
With 24 faculty members and over 550 majors studying in its various programs, the RMI program at Georgia State University is the largest dedicated risk management program in any North American university. Additional points of pride include the following:
- Over 130 students graduate from its undergraduate and masters degree programs enter the risk management industry locally and nationally every year.
- The department’s risk management program is currently ranked 4th by U.S. News and World Report and in 2009 it was designated a Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries.
- The department awards over $200,000 in direct cash scholarships and over $400,000 in tuition waivers every year.
By several metrics, the department’s majors have the highest average SAT and GMAT/GRE scores of any other major in Georgia State’s Robinson College of Business.
YOUR SUPPORT IS MUCH APPRECIATED!